Thursday, March 26, 2009

raising the awareness of sex trade



Hey I’m making this blog to raise the awareness of sex trafficking and sex trade. I believe this a topic that a lot of us young people today are shut eyed about because it goes on everyday and it could be happening right in your home town. Young girls and women are being born into or even worse being abducted and being force to have sex for money. “The U.S. Department of Justice states that at least 75% of minors exploited through prostitution are controlled by a pimp. Traffickers and pimps target vulnerable children and recruit them into prostitution using violence and psychological torture to hold the victims in bondage” (http://forum.catholic.org/viewtopic).

This topic seem to catch my eye after watching the movie “Taken” .After I watched the movie I changed my mind about going to Paris on my own. It was brought to my attention that sort of stuff actually happen. I have created this blog to help raise the awareness of sex trafficking and help keep young children and women from being traded for drugs and money. I want this to be looked as a nation wide topic sex trafficking happens every where every day. Some headlines and quotes you might see on this site include:



“Just heard on the radio that GA has the highest sex trafficking of minor in the country”(ABC)



“thousands of young American girls who authorities say have been abducted or lured from their normal lives and made into sex slaves”, ( ABC)



“Human trafficking in other parts of the world Thailand, Cambodia, Latin America and eastern Europe”(ABC) (http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1596778)

No comments:

Post a Comment